LCCT short for Low Cost Carrier Terminal is the airport base for famous Air Asia. Located in Sepang Just next to KLIA airport. Even though it is just next to KLIA, but it take around 10 to 15KM to reach LCCT from KLIA. Well you know, airport do take lots of space for their aeroplane.
There are various way for you to go to LCCT from KL or from LCCT to KL, I’ve covered a few in my previous post. How to get to KL Sentral from LCCT. This time I’ll tell you another transportation alternative to LCCT, using the KLIA Transit ERL train.
Personally I think taking the KLIA Transit train is comfortable and convenience, especially when traveling with baby and small kids. Not so crowded as taking bus. It was around 2pm on weekend when I took the KLIA transit train, the train was empty.
But it also have some disadvantages, if you are carrying lots of luggage then you’ll find it a bit difficult as you need to carry your luggage from the shuttle bus to the train by yourself. I don’t see any trolley provided in Salak Tinggi station.
Where & how to get the KLIA Transit train?
- If you from KL, take the KLIA Transit train from KL Sentral. Tickets to be purchase at the KLIA Transit counter.
- If you from LCCT, you’ll be taking the train from Salak Tinggi ERL station. You don’t have to get a cab or bus to Salak Tinggi ERL station. The KLIA Transit ticket include shuttle bus to Salak Tinggi, just purchase the KLIA Transit tickets at its counter in LCCT terminal Arrival Hall.
When you take the KLIA Transit from KL Sentral, you’ll stop at Salak Tinggi and continue your journey on the provided shuttle bus to LCCT.
The duration taken to reach LCCT from KL Sentral is around 62 minutes and it takes 52 minutes to KL Sentral from LCCT.
How much does the ticket cost?
- Tickets from KL to LCCT or LCCT to KL will only cost you RM12.50 (adult) and RM6.00 for kid. Return tickets will be cheaper, for only RM22.00 (adult) and RM11.00 (kid). Save RM3.
- When you purchase the KLIA Transit ticket, make sure you get two type of tickets, one for the shuttle bus and another for the KLIA Transit train.
The KLIA Transit train schedule
- KL Sentral first starts at 0533hrs
- KL Sentral last train at 0003hrs
- LCCT first train at 0725hrs
- LCCT last train at 0025hrs
The train and shuttle bus frequency is evry 30 minutes.
Generally if you from LCCT, you’ll be taking a shuttle bus to Salak Tinggi, then take the KLIA Transit ERL to KL Sentral. The KLIA Transit ERL also stops at Cyberjaya & Putrajaya and Bandar Tasik Selatan.
If you are from KL Sentral, you’ll be taking the KLIA Transit to Salak Tinggi, then a shuttle bus to LCCT.
Here are some of schedule extracted from the KLIA Transit website. For more complete schedule visit http://www.kliaekspres.com/erlsb/LCCT/LCCTSchedule/tabid/214/Default.aspx
KLIA Transit ERL train From LCCT
KLIA Transit ERL train TO LCCT