Malaysia Immigration Department – operating hours

November 15, 2009
By

If only I’ve checked the operating hours information of Malaysia Immigration Department Office website earlier, all my son’s passport need will be settled on Sunday lagi. I was surprise that Malaysia Immigration Department Office is open on every Sunday from 8am to 1am.

Among Malaysia Imegresen Immigration office that open on Sunday

• Melaka
  • Negeri Sembilan (Seremban)
  • Pahang (Kuantan)
  • Perak (Ipoh)
  • Selangor (Shah Alam)
  • Federal Territory Kuala Lumpur (Damansara)
  • Johore (Federal Complex)
  • Penang (Seberang Jaya)
  • Sarawak(Kuching)
  • Sabah (Kota Kinabalu)

Please note that they only offer limited services on Sunday, mostly on passport matters.

The official Malaysia Immigration Department Office operating hours are

• Monday ~ Friday 7:30am to 1:00pm & 2:00pm to 5:30pm
  • Saturday ~ Sunday 8:00am to 1:00am

In Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Immigrtion Department office is located in Damansara (HQ) and Wangsa Maju (Cawangan)

Jabatan Imigresen Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
Aras 1-7, Blok I
Pusat Bandar Damansara
50550 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-20955077
Fax: 03-20955324

Pejabat Imigresen Wilayah Persekutuan
Cawangan Wangsa Maju,
Aras 1 Wisma Rampai,
53300 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-41423449
Fax: 03-41423578

For more information visit Malaysia Immigration Website at  http://www.imi.gov.my/ . The information provided is up to date, you can also download immigration forms there.

imegresen-malaysia-website

Tags:

32 Responses to Malaysia Immigration Department – operating hours

1. Kevin on August 20, 2010 at 9:36 am

After referin to the web site, the current renew passport system was so efficient as claim. But today, 750am when I reach the Kiosk in Damansara Brach, the door was lock and according to the neighbour shop, it was down. So I proceed to the manual/ counter to process. This has force me to take another round of photo where it required 2 as compared to the Kiosk. Well, after 1.5 hour performing the renewal I fianally paid and proceed to work. While proceeding the car park, the Kiosk has already open. I am wondering if the system is not down why was the area was lock and the mention office hour starts 730am? Is the one hour passport ready still APPLY? Definately not. This is such a dissappointment. From 1 Malaysia

2. David Chin on September 5, 2010 at 10:30 am

Thanks for this info.

The operating hours for weekends is actually until 1:00 pm, and not 1:00 am, per http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/services/operating

3. Lilian Teh on September 24, 2010 at 1:03 pm

26/09/2010 operating on this sunday or not.

4. sundram on December 21, 2010 at 9:28 pm

is it operating on this saturday 25/12/2010?

5. admin on December 21, 2010 at 9:49 pm

Hi Sundram, i think it will be close as it is a public holiday.

6. Allaudhin Muhammed on January 16, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Dear Officer,

Is it operating on 29/01/2011 and 02/02/2011?
    Please let me know the details.
    Thankyou

7. Annie on January 18, 2011 at 10:53 pm

how about the payment for international passport?

8. admin on January 18, 2011 at 11:04 pm

Dear Allaudhin, looking at the calender they should be working on 29/01 but close on 02/02 (first Saturday of every month)

9. Irene on January 23, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Hi, can i renew the passport on behalf of my parent? and what documents should i prepare? thanks

10. chin on January 26, 2011 at 3:01 pm

hai, i would like to ask for, do you open on 6/2/2011? as i not avalaible on weekdays. thank u

11. BAWANI on January 29, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Can anyone tell me if the immigration will be open tomorrow. I need to apply for passport urgently. Please mail me at bawanik@yahoo.com

12. eamoon on January 30, 2011 at 4:06 am

is it open on 30 jan 2011 sunday? at damansara

13. Janson on February 1, 2011 at 6:31 pm

What happen to Immigration at Johor Bahru? i went to immigration 2 times still not able to complete a passport re-newal. Very dissapointed.
    Last sunday i went to renew my passport at Tampoi, i was told that the office was closed due to system upgrading. Hence, they asked me to go to Kulai branch to renew. The next morning, when i went there to renew and after i submitted my passport then i was informed that the networking system was down at whole JB area. Therefore, i can only collect my passport till further notice and i have no choice but to stay at Kulai to wait for their notification. I was very upset and dissapointed of this failure of service and this should not happen and any system fault should be able to solve immediately instead. Hope this would bring to your kind attention and prompt action to be taken to the above issue.
    Best regards

14. Sharon on March 9, 2011 at 3:57 pm

I want to know which branch actually gives extra months of validity for the passport. I think its only fair that the gov let us carry forward our 6 months which are considered ‘not valid’ for flying anymore. Would appreciate if anyone has an answer.

15. sam on March 19, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Malaysia immigration name should be recorded in the Guinness book because of 3 to 4 months taking time for extension student visa. thanks a lot Malaysia immigration for giving one year student visa but sorry that we don’t have passport for half of year

16. Lee Li Hwa on July 21, 2011 at 12:39 pm

would like to know the operating hours for weekends at Damansara, is it open during puasa month?

17. MK Loh on July 28, 2011 at 12:48 pm

where whould i appply working visa or working holiday visa to australia ?

18. Meei Ling on September 2, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Is it open on 03rd Sept 2011 Saturday? At Damansara OR Wangsa Maju

19. jing on September 12, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Is it open on 17 Sept 2011 Saturday? At Wangsa Maju

20. Ms Yap on October 17, 2011 at 11:17 am

Went to Damansara Immigration office on Sunday but found that they have moved to Sri Hartamas. Called Damansara and Wangsa Maju tel. contact in above website on Monday at 11am but nobody pick-up phone. Finally, called 103 to get Putrajaya HQ number to find out the address of the Sri Hartamas branch. Shouldn’t your Website be updated to reflect CURRENT address?

21. admin on October 17, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Tqvm for the update Ms Yap, i’ll check with the Immigration and update accordingly.

22. Woo on October 28, 2011 at 8:26 am

Is the immigration department still operate on saturday and sunday 8am to 1pm?

23. Elvi on November 24, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Can I know which Saturday & Sunday KL and Putrajaya immigration operating and till what time? How about Port Klang immigration… are they operating on Saturday & Sunday?

24. Loh on February 9, 2012 at 2:56 am

i just got my new IC with my new name, as i have change my name …now i would like change name in my passport..
    please let me know what are the documents that i need to provide and also can i get my passport the same day ? How much i have to pay ? I plan to go today 9th Feb, 2012. Thank you

25. stephanie on March 9, 2012 at 9:12 pm

May i know Imigresion Kajang open on Saturday dated 10/3/12?

26. stephanie on March 9, 2012 at 9:23 pm

May i know Imigresion Kajang open on Saturday?

27. janebishop on April 11, 2012 at 8:12 am

I need to know how to go putrajaya immigration to take a buss, taxi so expensive,
    From bukit bintang

28. Joey on April 17, 2012 at 11:16 am

I would like to renew my passport this Sunday which branch should I go as I stay in Cheras. Pls let me know. Thanks for your assistant.

29. sidney on June 13, 2012 at 11:10 pm

May i know which immigration office in Selangor and Kuala Lumpur operate in weekend and what is the operating hours?TQVM

30. soorya on June 15, 2012 at 11:09 am

It is so frustrating when wangsa maju branch never picks up the phone call. I tried for 2 days and the call will be directed to fax machine. So what is the tel operator doing. I think the tel number given to the public is a dummy so the operator will not pick any call from that line. Will any action be taken?

31. Lew Chai Na on November 26, 2012 at 9:22 am

Dear Sir,

Could you advice this Sunday (02Dec12) Immigration at Seberang Jaya, Penang open for International Passport application? Thanks!

32. Genie on December 11, 2012 at 6:32 pm

my passport will expire on 22 may 2012.. i decide go to Hatyai on 29Dec2012 & 3 0 Dec2012.
    IWish to know wherether my passport can be use that time not ? Or i need to renew the passport before ?
    pls reply a.s.a.p