The year 2008, is the battle between our airlines transportation tickets pricing. The battle among Malaysia Airlines, Air Asia & Firefly Airline is seen as a healthy competition and definitely will benefit all the enthusiastic travelers.
This year the battle among airlines was first initiated by Malaysia Airlines and its subsidiary low cost carrier Firefly with its Everyday Low Fares from RM0.00 which was then followed by Airasia.
I did some comparison among these three airlines, booked two tickets to Langkawi for
- Air fares / person : RM 0.00
- Passenger service charge / person : RM 9.00
- Surcharge / person : RM 76:00
- Total / person : RM 85:00
- Total for two person : RM 170.00
- Air fares / person : RM 15.00
- Airport tax / person : RM 6:00
- Administration fee / person : RM 22.50
- Fuel surcharge / person : RM 19.00
- Total / person : RM 62.50
- Total for two person : RM 125.00
Unfortunately Firefly did not have any available tickets on the date I require. The seats where not open for booking, the latest date available for booking is
- Air fares / person : RM 129.95
- Airport tax for two : RM 18.00
- Fuel surcharge for two : RM 42.00
- Insurance surcharge for two : RM 10.00
- Admin fee for two : RM 32.00
- Total for two : RM 361.90
It seems like Airasia is still the best with it Low Cost fares, but with additional RM 45.00 you’ll be flying with Malaysian’s 5 stars airline MAS.
Firefly is out of the picture because they did not provide tickets on the required date similar to Malaysia Airlines and Airasia. So no comparison can be done with Firefly.
One thing for sure you have to plan and book your airline tickets a few weeks earlier to get cheaper price, as you can see the high price for Firefly tickets for booking within week duration.
Airlines tickets price will definitely be high during the holiday seasons, but if you plan earlier you surely can get a cheaper price.
So plan your traveling properly and stick to it!